Monday, June 23, 2008

Utah Feis Countdown-4 Days

I feel so unprepared for the Utah Feis this coming weekend.  I have a bajillion thoughts and worries running through my head and not one of them is about Irish Dancing.  It's crazy.  I feel like I can't get my mind focused enough to concentrate on my children practicing for the upcoming feis.  

Chloe and Casey are doing great with practicing.  I'm really happy that Chloe has reached the point where she self corrects herself.  I don't feel like I constantly need to be right there pointing out the great things as well as the things she needs to work on.  I'm certain the extra private lessons have helped her learn that very valuable habit.  Casey self corrects, but only if he's being watched.  If I leave him alone he'll buzz through his dances and call it quits.  I don't push him, per say, but I do encourage him to stop and go back over what he feels needs work.  Mostly, he feels nothing needs extra work.  AAAHHHH!  LOL

Casey finally received his Novice outfit.  It's pretty much just his old outfit with a vest added on, but it makes such a big difference when he's on stage.  I'll post pictures this weekend.

Brenden and Braden are doing well. They are not much for practicing unless forced, but I figure how far they advance is up to them.  It's a good tool that teaches them if they practice they'll advance...if they don't, they probably won't.  Life's lessons are hard, but well worth learning.  They are ready for the feis.....well, except for one lost green tie.  I keep forgetting about that one.  I must remember to search high and low the next couple days to find it and call the tie store to get a new one!  I should also buy them new black shirts as the ones they have are getting really tight. I'm sure all the girls will be chasing after them.  Hopefully the boys will wait until AFTER the feis to concentrate on meeting them.  I know, I know... 14 year old boys priorities are not the same as their mothers.  

Caleb is excited about the feis, too.  He's in Beginner I levels and will be competing his Reel and Light Jig with 7-8 other competitors in his age range.  We got his hair cut, so he's looking great and not so shaggy up top these days.  I love watching him dance......he has this proud expression on his face. He knows what he's doing and he won't let anyone but Jill (our TCRG) tell him what he needs to change or work on.  So independent he is and oh so stubborn.  


No comments: