Monday, June 16, 2008

Colorado Winterfeis 2008




I found this in my draft archives and feel lame for not posting it. This trip was back in Jan 2008. Gosh. Where have I been?

February 1, 2008 @ 2:25 pm:

Sorry it's taken me a long time to post. I got sick on the airplane going to Denver which absolutely put a black cloud over my mood. I spent the weekend with razors in my throat and feeling extremely horrible. We arrived home Sunday and I've spent the rest of the week coughing up a lung. Or two.

Anyway- the Colorado Winterfeis was great. Both Casey and Chloe did very well. In fact, The Crawford School of Irish Dance novice class was well represented and placed in many dances. I am quite biased, but I must say that the whole class is amazing. They really seem to work hard as a team and this allows them to shine wherever they go. The parents of this group are wonderful. I consider them very good friends.

Casey won FIRST place in his reel. He danced with 11 other dancers, most of them girls. That is pretty amazing. Typically they have the boys separated from the girls, but not here. He still won FIRST! I'm so proud of him! Way to go Casey!! He now is Novice in all of his dances, except his Reel. That moved up to Prizewinner.

Casey also received:

FIGURES:
1st in 4 hand
1st in 3 hand reel

SOLO'S
1st in Reel (moved to prizewinner)
3rd in Hornpipe (stayed in Novice)
3rd in St. Patrick's Day (moved to Novice)


Chloe won FIRST place in her Hornpipe, which is a hardshoe dance.
She moves that dance up to Prizewinner and now has two dances in that level.

FIGURES:
1st in 4 hand
2nd in 3 hand
SOLO'S
2nd in Reel
1st in Single Jig
4th in Treble Jig
1st in Hornpipe
4th in St. . Patrick's Day


Chloe standing while waiting for her competition to begin.  She's standing because she cannot sit on her dress.  We use a padded bucket or a no-back folding tripod type chair for when she's waiting between dances.  She's so patient and I can imagine her legs are so tired by the time feis is over.  Good thing she has a mommy who will lovingly massage them after a nice warm bath.  


The lady behind her is counting for her.  Usually she doesn't need it, but I appreciate having them there.  A few times we've had someone counting off beat...good thing Chloe has good timing and is intently listening.


Casey waiting on stage for his 4 hand to begin.  There are girls next to him, but I cropped them out.  The adjudicator was late for this one.   Doesn't he look like a mini Michael Flatley?

Dancing the 4 hand with fellow Crawford dancers.


Waiting in the SLC airport for our travel mates.  Of course Chloe had to bring her American Girl doll.  :)
The drink I firmly believe was made in Heaven and brought to us by a very energetic angel.  I cannot live without my Starbucks.  

**Edited 6/15/08**
I REALLY hate that gas is $4.00 a gallon.  It's cut deeply into my coffee fund.  :(

No comments: