Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Practice, practice, practice.


With the Castle Rock feis coming up, Casey and Chloe have been practicing every day. I am so proud of them!

A few months ago we had a flood in our basement and our dance floor was ruined.  Anyone need some plywood that already has a sweet transition?  Skateboard ramp anyone? 

After we cleaned up the soggy mess and organized the Martha Stewart/Lorri way, we decided to move.  Building another dance floor wasn't high on our priority list seeing as we didn't know WHERE we were going to live. Because of our small house and cramped quarters the kids home practice abruptly stopped. The lack of practice led to some rusty dancing and forgetting the new dances they were learning.  The stress of moving made everyone tired and grouchy. 

This was extremely upsetting to Chloe as she began to see her fellow classmates move ahead of her.  There wasn't much she/we  could do. We were moving and I know the stress was very difficult for her.  We finally moved on December 15th and our home is beautiful.  It's a place I want to be.  Chloe's mood improved and on December 31, 2007 she asked me if she could make a New Year's resolution to practice more and to have a better attitude at dance class?  I was very proud of her.  She did that all by herself.  I'm not going to force her to practice...I never have had to. Every chance she gets, she's jiggin' it up.  


Sorry about the quality of this photo. It's actually the start of a video....but I don't have any skillz at editing/coding/uploading little video clips. Regardless, you get to see where she practices for the time being. Do you like my red wall? I'm still decorating, btw. Oh...that reminds me!! See that cross next to the mirror? I am looking for a twin to match. They were sold by PartyLite candle company. I need another one to complete my wall.


No comments: