Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Photos from the ROI show!



I think this photo is absolutely beautiful. 


I can't even explain the pure JOY I feel when I see my children Irish Dance.  Casey, Chloe and the whole novice class were amazing last night. I am so proud of them all.  They truly rose to the occasion and danced their little hearts out.  The audience "awww'ed" when they came on to the stage. Chloe told me later she thought it was cute when they did that.

The Rhythm of Ireland dancers were spectacular in every way. I had tears in my eyes watching them. I love how the girls treat my little ones.  They yelp and whistle while they dance. There are a handful that really lift up my children and have given some amazing help/advice in all aspects of Irish dance.  I adore each and every one of them and thank them for being the kind of young ladies my daughter can look up to. BRAVO ROI dancers!! That goes for Shelley school, too! ALL of you were amazing!

I can't end the post without giving props to Jill Crawford and Tina Shelley. To thank them for allowing the Crawford Novice dance class to perform with an amazing and talented group. Thank you, Jill, for inspiring my kids (even the ones who don't necessarily think dancing is the coolest) and being someone they can trust.

One of our Champion dancers is going on a mission for the LDS church. Guess where? IRELAND!! How cool is that to be an Irish dancer and get sent for 18 months to such a beautiful country?  I somehow doubt she'll be visitin' the local pub in order to get jiggy, but hey....maybe she'll be able to sneak away and be a spectator at Worlds or something. I hope she sends lots of pictures! 

I have several more pictures to share with you of the day.  Enjoy!

This is Casey with a friend of his. Aren't they cute?! Casey wants to be the next Michael Flatley.

This is Caleb (my pee-wee dancer). He was mad (and crying) because he wanted a ROI t-shirt like his brother.


Thanks Dan (Jill's husband), for making his day!


Sorry for the blurry photo.  This is Chloe with, Clare, one of our Championship dancers.  She's also the kids private instructor when it's needed.  We love Clare!

*EDITED TO ADD* I totally forgot to mention that Clare is my adult instructor, too. This week she's been trying to teach us hardshoe. And just when I thought I had finally broken in my ghillies.....here come the hard shoes.



This striking young lady has an amazing heart.  She's one of the people I was discussing above.  She is a graceful dancer and is beautiful....inside and out.  I trust her with my children and the kids adore her.  Her talented father (and my Mac guru) also teaches Casey the Irish whistle.  He'll soon be teaching Chloe how to play the piccolo.  



Gamma (my mom) & Nana (my grandmother) wouldn't have missed this performance for anything!  We are so excited they came.  It's a blessing to have family who cares and supports your children in what they do. 


No comments: